Thursday, March 05, 2009

HEEEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!

can someone pleeease tell me how to re- arrange page elements on teh blog??? i would definitely like my bloglists and links on teh side instead of at teh bottom.. and HOW do i make teh damned picture fit teh header portion..
tips PLEEEASSEEE!!!! Indyeah! sololi! IHM!! ANYONE!!!!????? HAAALLLLLPPPPP!!

and how do u tag someone in a post?

feedback on teh new look anyone?? i saw that Indyeah had changed the look of her blog.. and i'd become rather bored with mine.. hence the effort.. but i'm quite technologically challanged...

7 comments:

Indyeah said...

Love your new look:)really specially the new pic at top left..

the links depend on which template you have selected I think this one is the simple template..

see when on top of your blog you click on the 'CUSTOMIZE option'then you are taken to the
page which has POSTING,SETTINGS,LAYOUT
with me till now?
(btw I am pretty technologiaclly cahllenged too so bear with a few dumb suggestions:D)

NOW IF you want a new template you click on PICK NEW TEMPLATE..the new template page will have quite a few templates to choose from

(You can click on PREVIEW TEMPLATE given at the bottom of each template before selecting any one.)

now the template that you select decides what page elemenbts you will have and where they will be..(you seem to have selected simple 2)

after you have selected a template,then the saved message will appear

now back to the
POSTING,SETTINGS,LAYOUT page okay?:)

then you can DRAG AND DROP THE ELEMeNTS and also ADD NEW GADGETS:))


ignore the comment if it doesnt make sense:D

Indyeah said...

and the size of the header pic also sometimes depends on the template you have selected for example my header pic too will appear as a small one if I select this template

but please ask Solilo bout this(I am clueless):D

tagging is easy...link them to your post (the way you give a news link or any other)include the names of the people that you want to tag in your post(link them to their blogs)and DROP A COMMENT IN THEIR COMMENT BOX INFORMING THEM THAT THEY ARE TAGGED:)

Indian Home Maker said...

This is what I do on my blog

1.I click on the 'customize' on the right hand top corner,
2. then look for 'ADD A GADGET', and underneath are the followers, favorite posts, blog roll and all the other things I have added,

3.Just drag them up or down or right at the bottom of the blog.

Now I am not tech savvy enough to know if this will work on your blog template ...
But I hope this helps!
:)

anne said...

thats teh problem!! i changed teh template... and now all teh gadgets have gone down to teh bottom and i cant move them around even when i try on the layouts page.,. tahts why i asked...
its driving me CRAZY!!

Indyeah said...

Aneesha change your template first...choose one which already has the elements on the side:)

anne said...

its doing teh same if i go backl to the pink one i had earlier..
i'm SUPER frustrated with this thing rt now..

Anonymous said...

Aneesha, I use wordpress so I am not well aware of Blogger problems still let me try.

Solve the problem one by one.

1. Remove the header completely first. We will get back to it.

2. Check if there is any unclosed tags like <> in your recent posts.

If there is one then end it with a closing tag and see if your side bar is back to normal or not.