I’d thought I had been fighting a lost battle… covered in scars.. bruised and battered.
I’d thought I was fighting all alone. No one had cared to join me.. that you had abandoned me. Left me to defend the shell of what had once been the only place I called home..
I blamed you for running from the fight just when I needed the reinforcement..
Then I began to believe that the castle of dreams I’d put my life on the line to save meant nothing to you... that you had abandoned it just as you had me..
i began to hate the castle.. the dreams it showed and the lives it destroyed..hate myself for fighting to save something all others had left to rot..
I built it anew.. stronger.. taller.. a castle could defend on my own…
And yet I will always mourn the castle of my dreams.. Blame you or leaving the battle just when you were needed the most..
If only I had known that reinforcement were coming..
No comments:
Post a Comment