"please talk to me.. we need a chance at closure.."
"why cant you give up past regrets annie??"
"I know its over.. its just gonna take some getting used to.."
"you broke it and threw it away.."
I had accused him of letting go.. of spoiling everything.. and i had held on to the little piece of glass that signified a promise of love.... i'd cherished it and saved it in a little corner of my purse.... as the memories and the pain lay protected in a corner of my heart.. today i let them go...
a kiss.. and i let it drop..... said goodbye to something that had been part of my life.. part of my soul..
i left it at a place where we had memories... where today i went with the determination to forget the past and grab on to life NOW before it passed me by...
I kissed it.. and left it there... with a little pile of paper...
goodbye
No comments:
Post a Comment